I've been putting some effort into potty training Kendall. My attempts thus far haven't been successful, so I've decided to go in a different direction. I'm not a huge candy for a reward person but have decided that if it works to get her trained, I'll try it. My pouring of praise over her wasn't getting the job done.
So, I went to CVS and bought several bags of gummy worms (Kendall's favorite candy) and told her that when she pees or poos on the potty, she'll get a "special treat". So, here's what happened this morning. (I'm still laughing!)
Kendall tells me she has to "pee pee on potty" so we head to the bathroom. She tells me several times, "I pee pee mommy, special treat." (I take the gummy worms and place them on the counter, so she can see what she'll get if she pees or poos.) So after several times of telling me she has peed when she hasn't, I take her off the potty and put away the gummy worms in the drawer.
So, about 15 minutes later, I'm on the family room floor playing with Jace while Kendall is in her playroom. Well, that's what I thought until I hear the crinkling of plastic wrapping. I walk past the bathroom only to see Kendall standing on her potty, reaching into the drawer, and eating the gummy worms. About 1/3 of the bag was gone. The funny part is she looks at me, takes the gummy that is in her hand, ravenously shoves it in her mouth, and says "special treat."
Oh lord help me!! Tell me this will happen before she's 5!! Needless to say, the gummy worms have found a new home and Kendall uses her potty as a stool instead of what it's supposed to be used for.
1 comment:
LOL That's hilarious! I tried skittles and m&m's the first few days but then he liked the stickers better and that seemed to work. I hope the process goes smoothly!
Post a Comment