I had to include this one. The fire ant shot. Poor girl! I know those little boogers wanted their photo taken but I didn't pay for them to be in the shot.
My fav shot of Kendall. I love her eyes in this one.
My fav shot of little man. I loved how Jimmy's hand is wrapped around him.
One of the family shots I liked. Focus Jace :~)I hired a photographer to come out to the house to take our pictures. I figured I could knock out family pics, Jace's newborn pics, and Kendall's 2 year old pics all in one setting. So, like any smart Mom I know that the "photo shoot" has to be planned around naptime or else it could be a nightmare. Well, that's exactly what I did; a 4 o'clock shoot. Kendall will be rested and happy, Jace will be rested and fed. Uhhhh...not so much!! It was a complete disaster! We started by taking a few shots in our home by the fireplace and Kendall just wasn't having it. I'm not sure how she felt about the photographer either, but he was a strange man to her, so I'll excuse her behavior a bit. Needless to say, none of the pics by the fireplace were worth a crap. So, we moved outside into our front yard. I desparately wanted some shots of the kids. Same scenario as inside, Kendall just wasn't having it. Sooooo, our last destination was our neighborhood clubhouse. While the behavior got better, what came next was horrible and quite unexpected. While Kendall was "posing" and smiling by a tree, she starts pulling on her pant legs repeatedly saying "mommy, mommy." I walk over to her only to see fire ants all over her shoes and crawling up her legs. I ripped her pants off so fast and swatted at her feet and legs to get rid of them. She got several bites but was fine, thank you God. After all of that, it was just about the end of our photo shoot and for good reason, right?!
With all that said, I was happily surprised by the the photos. The photographer got some amazing shots, not of me, of course, but of the kids which is what mattered to me anyway. I guess that's why he's the professional and I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment