Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013 in Vail and Glenwood Springs

Biking through the Villages of Vail


The path runs along this beautiful river the whole way.


Pictures don't do justice to what they eye can see.  Above is the river in Vail and below is the tunnel you drive through on the way to Glenwood Springs.  That is possibly the prettiest drive I have ever been on, right through a canyon along the Colorado River.

Several more pics of the drive along I-70 to Glenwood Springs



The Hot Springs Pool in Glenwood Springs.  Beautiful mountain setting in the background and supposedly the minerals in the water do wonders to your skin, but it was jam packed and very expensive to get in for the day.  I'm glad we went and experienced it.



On our way home from Glenwood Springs, we stopped along the Colorado River and played in the freezing cold water.  I mean FREEEEEZING cold water.  Talk about take your breath away.....the surrounding their are beyond words.  The kids had an absolute blast and were a lot braver than  myself when it came to getting in the water.





No comments: