Monday, May 25, 2009

Alamo and Riverwalk San Antonio

On Saturday, we spent the day at the Alamo and Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. Both were very beautiful and we enjoyed sightseeing but it was very congested and quite challenging navigating a double stroller on the Riverwalk. We were able to tour the Alamo and the take the boat tour of the city. Literally, 30 minutes after we got off the boat tour, there was a downpour. We were quite lucky to not get caught in that while riding on the boat. But, we did have to find shelter under a bridge until the storm passed. I posted a video at the very end.





Jace on the lawn of the Alamo and Kendall running circles around him
This cactus, inside the Alamo grounds, was much more amazingly big than this picture portrays. It was really cool.

Jimmy and I were getting a kick out of this guy's mullett on the left. I know, I know..... we were there supposed to be focused on leaning some history not his mullett. :~P

The pictures below are from the Riverwalk.
This was the upper level of a concert pavilion on the River. Daddy and Kendall ran up and down these steps twice. Kendall was beat!!


A Mexican restaurant on the River with awesome guacamole..... We didn't get to order dinner though b/c Jace just wasn't having it. :~)



Boat tour



My sweetie





Video: Quite a storm!!! (scroll down to the bottom to pause the music if you want to)


No comments: